My footprint introduction

What We Did

This is the footprint introduction project. First we had to outline our foot and cut it out. Then we had to pick symbols that related to aspects of our life and place them on the foot. More than three medias were required for the foot project. I chose to use marker, colored pencil, magazine cut outs, and cut up pieces of paper. We also had to place out name somewhere visible so that other people could see it. I put a tent and campfire to represent camping. It then transitions to a mountain to represent the outdoors and hiking. I put a film strip because I worked at the movies and really enjoy films. There is a head with a tree in it because I am passionate about the outdoors and conserving our planet. The paintbrush symbolizes my love for art and the small colorful squares symbolize how art plays a role in all areas in my life.

Extension Activity

The students will create their own foot introduction. They will also be tasked with outlining their family members foot. When they arrive back to school they will share their introductions with the class. After the introductions rulers will be handed out to all of the tables. The class will be tasked with trying to find a foot that is the same length as a ruler. If there is not one then they will find the foot that is closest to the same size as a ruler. This will lead into a lesson on measuring and how to use a ruler. The students will start by using the feet to measure objects like their desks. The class will then transition into using an actual ruler. 

Comments

Popular Posts